Monday, March 4, 2013

Tri-Shutter Card

So I was inspired by a fellow CTMH consultant with a card she made.  It used the tri-shutter or fold technique.  I have never used anything but square, rectange or circle cards, and thought it was maybe time to try something new!!  Also, I am hosting a crop later this month, and wanted to have a make and take, and thought this would be the perfect solution!!  Here is the card that inspired me:




I looked online for instructions and found this tutorial.  As this was my first attempt at something out of my comfort zone I found it slightly challenging.  But once I've made a few, I'm sure it will be a breeze!!  :)  The hardest part for me was figuring out which way to fold so it worked!!  Here is what I came up with:



This is how it looks closed.  I used Chantilly paper and Chantilly Complements Dimensional Elements.  :)

  open



Another open view.  Sentiment is a CTMH My Acrylix (retired) "Find Your Style". It says "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and will sing it back to you when you forget the words". 

Thanks for looking!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment